Highly portable and compact 80 x 400mm achromat with dual speed rotatable 2 inch focuser, finderscope and carry bag
You can't beat this excellent doublet achromat wide-field refractor for lovely build, finish and optical performance especially for the price.
With fully multi-coated optics for improved light transmission, a fully retractable dew shield and CNC machined tube, metal dust cap, fully rotatable 2 inch Crayford focuser with anti-marring compression ring visual back and 1.25 inch compression ring step down adaptor, this is an excellent telescope optical tube. Can be mounted direct to a conventional camera tripod, used as a compact guide scope for astrophotography or as portable, grab and go or general viewing from the balcony.
The optics are very good with low chromatic aberration compared to many other refractors in this price range.
- Aperture: 80mm fully mutli-coated doublet.
- Focal Length: 400mm - f/5
- Fully Multi-coated objective lenses
- Aluminum optical tube (White powder coated)
- Metal thread-on primary dust cap
- Retractable dew shield
- Crayford 2 inch rotating focuser and locking
- Etched metric increments drawtube scale
- 2 inch compression ring visual back
- 1.25 inch compression ring step down adaptor
- 1.25 inch end dust cap
- Vixen style finder scope shoe
- 6x30 finderscope and mounting bracket
- Prefitted 100mm Vixen style dovetail bar (L) 100mm
- Camera tripod mountable 1/4 inch UNC) standard with 4 integral balance point threaded holes to choose from.
- Padded canvas zipping carry bag
- Weight 2.2 kg
-Length: Fully Retracted = 320mm
-Length: Dewshield extended = 390mm
-Length: Dewshield extended and draw tube max 460mm
With good eyepieces (optional) this scope yields terrific views of the Moon, larger planets and many deep sky targets and with an optional erect image diagonal, is an excellent terrestrial scope! A very cool little telescope.